Sunday, April 8, 2007

Getting ready for the Tower of Babelfish, Infiltrating Chi5's secret lair.

On April 7, Great Escape and I went to New Paris to think about the upcoming performance, Tower of babelfish. He had a translator to French, and it all snapped into place. English to French - Cocteau's Wedding on the Eiffel Tower, which is confusing enough, and going to New Paris to go confuse people.

We got there, but we only saw a few French types, and they were suitably confused. However, we met a reporter from Brazil named Chloe who was wonderful to talk to. We think she'll cover the performance. Actually, i think there may be as many press as performers. How weird.

But we're thinking about how confusing it is to have all these languages here in Second Life, how communication is so difficult when you speak the same language in the first place, and when you try to use universal translators, it can be surreal enough in itself. Maybe I'll dress up as a telegram or a gramophone. Hmmm.

Speaking of dressing up, I got a pic from Chi5 in a Jesus pose for Easter. Had totally forgot about it, but I'm not one for holidays unless they're obscure. Guy Fawkes' Day? Sure. Arbor Day? Righ on. July 4th? Um, well - you have me there. Easter? I never remember I even forgot Christmas once.

Oh well, i remembered Wirx telling me of a Chi5 warehouse high above Odyssey, so I went on a hunt in my "michinaga 'girl suit'". For some odd reason, I did not feel right infiltrating Chi5's demesne as the big firey guy.

Found it, as well as Sugar's car skunkworks. Hmmm.
I sneaked in through the secret passage, through the bowels of the industrial halls, and I wound up under the glass ceiling (amazing a woman would make one for herself, but that's bad) where Chi5 had her grungy lounge. And there you are. I sat there for a while watching the test pattern on the large screen tv, and watched the smoke rise from the ashtray while floating half a klick up. Really fitting, i think.

So, it's back to the hovel for the moment, but we'll be performing at Gosia Koscielak in Chicago on Bancroft street near North and Ashland in Chicago on Friday the 13th, 2007.

ooooo. sounds scary.